Millennials or sometimes also called Generation Y, a group of people born in the early 1981- 2000s Millenials are young people aged 17-37 in this year. Millennials have their own characteristics, that is, they are very proficient in technology.
In his speech Ir. M. Yamin Siregar, MM stated, the purpose and objective of this activity was to increase the interest of young millennials to participate in economic development in Indonesia. Because the skills possessed by millennials are currently very influential in the development of our economy going forward. Technology becomes an important point in this activity, and these millennials have the skills to apply together with our economic development.
More than 34% of the total population of Indonesia is included in the millennial generation. It turns out that this generation is still divided into five different types namely, Millennial Nerd, True Millennial, Mass Millennial, Alay Millennial, and Anti-Millennial.
1. Millennial Nerd as much as 7.4%, Millennial Nerd are those who are included in the millennial group physically and age, but not very cool.
2. True Millennial 22.7%; millennial is actually millennial with its always-present style and complete gadget. understand all the latest types of mirrorless cameras and the expensive Samsung Galaxy and iPhone features.
3. Mass Millennial as much as 41.8% Although millennial, but they are very "bear", even though it is the most millennial type in Indonesia. can generally use the internet, just follow the development of gadgets, but being active on social media is not as intense as True Millennial.
4. Millennial Alay as much as 9.3%, this millennial is indeed a technology and very tied to the life of their social media always share status or stories on Instagram
5. Anti-Millennial as much as 18.9% Only physical and age are included in the millennial group. Their behavior and mindset are old-school, not old-fashioned.
Not only hard skills or main expertise in a job, but also soft skills, among others:
1. Technology literacy, especially social media is not just scrolling down but needs to understand what social media content is interesting and can influence netizens.
2. The young generation must have the ability to overcome problems or problem solving.
3. Effective time management, so that the use of time becomes more productive
4. The ability to speak a foreign language will expand opportunities to work in international scale companies (added by resource person 1 Mr. chess handoko) Wednesday / 10/06/06/2020. for participants who want to get their certificates can be downloaded at the address http://webinar.uma.ac.id and MATERIAL at the address Here
Watch webinars on the Medan Area Area youtube channel here