The Indonesian Judicial Commission together with Medan Area University recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) accompanied by a Public Lecture with the theme, "Contribution of the Judicial Commission in Realizing Just and Integrate Judges", Friday (06/28/2019). The signing was carried out by Prof. Dr. Dadan Ramdan, M. Eng., M.Sc as Rector of the Medan Area University with Drs. H. Maradaman Harahap, SH., MH as Deputy Chairperson of the Indonesian Judicial Commission.
The signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was also witnessed by the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Dr. Ir. Hj. Siti Mardiana, MSi, Deputy Chancellor for Collaboration Dr. Ir. Zulheri Noer, MP, Dean of the UMA Faculty of Law Dr. Rizkan Zulyadi, SH., MH, Deputy Dean of the Faculty of Law Student Affairs Ridho Mubarak, S.H M.H, was also witnessed by UMA Faculty of Law Lecturers and Students.
This Memorandum of Understanding is intended as a foundation for cooperation in implementing and accelerating the process of building the nation's character. The scope of this Memorandum of Understanding includes:
1. Joint research in accordance with the agreed themes / topics.
2. Scientific meetings in the form of seminars, general stadiums, workshop discussions / workshops that are beneficial to the interests of the parties and the community.
3. HR education and training.
4. Joint campaign and socialization in the context of maintaining, upholding the honor, overall dignity, and behavior of judges in the context of creating a clean justice with integrity in Indonesia.
5. Other programs and / or fields deemed necessary and agreed by the parties.
The Judicial Commission applied the collaboration by continuing Public Lecture activities. The purpose of the Public Lecture is to socialize the role and authority of the Judicial Commission of the Republic of Indonesia to the students and academics of the Faculty of Law UMA as well as to increase insight and encourage legal awareness in the world of education related to realizing a just judge and integrity in Indonesia. The students of Faculty of Law UMA were very enthusiastic and enthusiastic when conducting discussions consisting of 2 seasons and each season was given 3 question opportunities.